A Russian envoy in visit to Tripoli reported Thursday discussions between the regime of Muammar al-Gaddafi and Libyan rebels, while Moscow and Beijing accused NATO of overstepping its mandate.
Special Representative between the Russia for Africa, in Marguelov is said, after meeting with Libyan Prime Minister Baghdadi Mahmoudi,
He also indicated that the head of the Libyan Government had "told that yesterday (Wednesday) a round of these contacts took place in Paris".
French President Nicolas "Sarkozy was informed of the results of these contacts," said the Russian envoy, who visited on 7 June in Benghazi.
None of the two sides of the Libyan crisis has admitted so far the existence of negotiations to resolve the conflict, rebel claimant before any discussion the departure of colonel Gaddafi.
But Tripoli remains adamant on this issue: "Muammar Gaddafi is the leader of this country", "a red line in any dialogue, repeated Baghdadi Mahmoudi, after his meeting with Mr. Marguelov."
First opposed to the resolution of the Security Council of the United Nations having paved the way for the bombings against the troops of the regime, Moscow did not use its right of veto, such as China, and finally agreed on the West by demanding the departure of colonel.
This last "can remain live in Libya as a private person and his safety could be ensured by the tribes it came", assured Mr. Marguelov, continuing: "nobody wants his death." "If the colonel announces that he hand and is ready for a political process, (military) action can stop very quickly," he said.
In the same time, Chinese Presidents Hu Jintao and Russian Dmitri Medvedev accused NATO of interpreting "arbitrarily" resolution 1973 in not more limited to the protection of civilians but that the fall of the regime, that the France was recognized.
On a visit to Algiers, the head of French diplomacy, Alain Juppe, has admitted "that UN resolutions do not seek the departure of Tripoli", adding: "But we ask".
In power for 42 years, colonel Gaddafi remained deaf to the many calls from.
His son and eventual successor, Seif al-Islam Gaddafi, has in an interview Thursday to the Italian daily Corriere della Sera, affirmed that Tripoli was ready to accept elections "within three months, to the maximum by the end of the year".
For its part, now recognized by 15 countries as "legitimate interlocutor" in Libya, the national transition Council (CNT), political body of the rebellion, is actively preparing after Gaddafi. He will sign Friday with Rome a "cooperation agreement" for the repatriation of refugees illegally entrés in Italy, said the head of Italian diplomacy, Franco Frattini.
Mr Frattini also announced the upcoming in the eternal city a "great Assembly" bringing together all the tribal chiefs and representatives of the Libyan civil society.
For the Secretary General of NATO, Anders Fogh Rasmussen, the international community must also begin to prepare after Gaddafi. "We must be ready to respond to any request for help", he said.
The Spain announced meanwhile that it would expel the Ambassador of Libya, plan Gaddafi had lost "any legitimacy", and three officials of the Embassy for "activities incompatible" with their diplomatic status.
On the military front, the rebellion had won Wednesday new success in the West by taking control of three towns on the road to Tripoli, according to an AFP correspondent.
From rebellion, the pro-Gaddafi to lead from the desert (Southeastern) towards the town of al-Lawanya conquered the previous day.
Now the pressure on the regime, NATO continued its strikes on Tripoli and Zenten region (West) to military targets of the pro-Gaddafi.
In addition, NATO denied the assertions of the regime in which 12 people were killed Wednesday in a raid by its forces to Kikla South of Tripoli, saying having conducted no strike in this locality.